This weekend I spontaneously decided to clean and organize my sewing room. In the process I re-discovered some turquoise strips I had assembled around the time I was working on my Turquoise HST Low Volume Quilt and the Turquoise Chevron Quilt. I decided to finish ironing and cutting my strips in to 6.5" squares and now I have this on my design wall:
When I was done cutting my strips I realized I had way more blocks than I needed to make 1 baby quilt, so I separated the blocks (I was able to cut 3 blocks from each strip set) and laid out 2 quilts. That means I still have 1 set of blocks to play with.
The blocks on the left in the rail-fence layout have been assembled in to a quilt top and are ready to be basted and quilted. I still need to play with the blocks on the right to make the quilt look balanced with those dark gray prints and the super saturated turquoise fabrics.
Today I'm linking up with Work in Progress Wednesday.