Confession 1: I have changed my mind. I thought I wanted to go with wonky improv circles in deep saturated cool colors for my block. But I've decided to go a completely different direction.
For the ModQ ImprovB August block, I'd love it if everyone could make me 12.5" square blocks with a wonky improv house in the center. (The photo above was originally posted on Lark Crafts website. And the image below is from Quilt Dad.)
- Feel free to use any sort of modern fabrics for the house in any bright colors.
- The house can include trees or fences, or whatever your little improv house needs to feel complete.
- I like how these quilts (shown in photos) have lots of white space (negative space) around them and the improv houses are relatively simple.
- Please use a solid white or off-white background for the house, and include a 2" border around the house block. (ie: The house block would be pieced with a solid white/off white background and would measure 10.5" square, and then would have 2" of the white/off-white fabric around it, so that the finished block would measure 12.5" square.)
- I'm a pre-washer! If possible, please use pre-washed scraps.
Confession 2: I haven't attempted to make one of these blocks yet!
Let me know if you have any questions. I'm sure there are some things that I've left off here.
I'll update my shipping address on the doc shortly.