That was close - I very nearly had ZERO finishes from my Q2 Finish-a-long list. But I had a flurry of productivity over the last 3 days and got this one basted, quilted, and bound. That means I got 1 out of 3 projects done for Q2.
This quilt is number 3 of 4 (or maybe 5...or even 6) quilts that I started back in January of 2013 when I fell in love with turquoise and low-volume prints. My turquoise chevron quilt and half-square-triangle quilt were turquoise quilts numbers 1 and 2. Number 4 is a basket-weave quilt that still needs to be finished. And I'm not ready to talk about numbers 5 or 6 - I'll just say that fabric has been cut and partially pieced and I'm not sure where the quilts will go from there.
This quilt came about when I realized that I had extra 6.5" x 6.5" blocks left over from my basket-weave quilt (twice as many as I needed), so I started to play with them on my design wall. Rather than just lay them all out in something like a stacked-coins pattern, I opted to cut some of the blocks in half to make rows that were between 2.5" and 3.5" tall. When it came time to quilt, I echoed all of the seams to create a nice grid.
For the back of the quilt I added in one large strip of a coordinating fabric.
This quilt is available for purchase in my Etsy store.
Today I'm linking up with the Q2 Finish-a-Long post.
Thanks for stopping by!