Fabric Diet Wrap Up
December is a month of looking both backwards and forwards. I'm one who likes to look back on the year to see what I've done (call it an accomplishment or just a completed task), and start to think about what I want to do for the next year. It's also a time where I scurry to try to wrap up unfinished projects.
Above shows all the quilts that I completed this year (from baby-side to king-size). In addition to these 11 quilts, I also have 8 other quilts waiting to be quilted or bound (shown below).
I also finished 11 mini quilts and/or pillows this year: 2 for fabric challenges, 8 for swaps, and 1 for myself.
One year ago, I spent the Christmas school break sorting my scraps and cutting them in to 2 1/2" and 3 1/2" squares. I used those squares in 7 of my quilts this year and loved having them available and pre-cut. I also really enjoyed tracking my fabric usage and purchases this year. My goal was to donate, sell, or use up at least 100 yards of fabric. I made one last purchase of fabric this December, and this is how my tallying ended up:
Fabric Diet Standings
Fabric Purchases: 7
Fabric Used in Projects: 11.75
Net for the Month: -4.75
Net for the Year: -102.0
I made my goal!
I also find it interesting to note that overall, I used/sold/donated 289.25 yards of fabric this year, and I purchased 187.25 yards of fabric. Those numbers seem crazy when you start attaching dollar amounts to them. 187 new yards of fabric cost me around $2,244. Yikes!
Next up I hope to have a post with goals, fabric and quilty, for 2018!
Happy New Years to all of you, and thanks for stopping by.
Leave a Reply.